Water Damage Restoration

Water Damage Restoration

We offer flexible payment methods and we guarantee that we will find a fantastic solution for you, regardless of the type of customer you are or the issue you are experiencing.

Read More

Commercial Carpet Cleaning

Commercial Carpet Cleaning

We are not only excellent service providers but we definitely understand the importance of having the professionally inspected and afterwards cleaned carpets.

Read More

Rug Cleaning

Rug Cleaning

We make sure you have someone to turn to for help with your dirty rugs at all times.

Read More

How to Get Rid of Dry Soil on your Carpets

09/01/2013 Back To Blog

We know that vacuuming plays an important role in the removal of dry soil from your carpet. However the order in which this is done will to a great extent affect the outcome. Contractors in Richmond tend to give a full quotation based on the worst case scenario. However there is nothing wrong with asking for specific details. You may be able to make savings especially if you have looked around California. According to recent reports up to 85% of the soil that is found in buildings is dry. On the other hand the other 15% is by definition wet. That is not a problem since most standard vacuum cleaners are specifically designed to deal with dry soil. With frequent vacuuming you can easily remove the offending soil particles.

Do not let the dry soil settle down deep within the fabric

Your problems will begin the moment you allow the dry soil to move from the surface and settle deeper within the carpet fiber. The main reason for this is poor or irregular vacuuming. Moreover the rate at which the dry top soil eases down will increase drastically when people are walking on the carpet. In case of wool carpet, it is difficult enough to spot the soil without actually allowing it to settle down. That is why you should make it your business to vacuum all heavy traffic areas such as entrances. If you do not then the carpet there will begin to fray. Eventually you will have to replace it with someone that can cope with the traffic levels. From a practical point of view, it is not necessary to vacuum every part of the home on every single day. However you have to be sensible about the scheduling of your activities.

The right equipment for vacuuming the carpet

Unless there is a specific reason for following an alternative course of action, all your vacuuming machines need to have dual motors. This is because they are required to agitate the dirt through vibration. If the soil is not loosened sufficiently then some of it will remain behind when you have completed your vacuuming. Whereas one of the motors is for agitation, the other is for running the fan. This is the fan that is responsible for creating a suction movement that picks up soil particles. Thus when the bag is full or there is an excessive amount of debris, the entire system will not fail. In fact these machines are also capable of working in a commercial context thus they are quite useful to professional carpet cleaners. A single motor vacuum cleaner is not going to last the distance and you may end up having to replace it quite quickly.

The rotating carpet cleaning brush

This is the preferred option when you are dealing with carpets that are stuck on the floor and where there is no cushion underneath. A beater bar may not be appropriate because it tends to damage the pile especially where the height is rather low. At the end of the day you could end up losing the vacuuming machine itself. The best carpet vacuuming machines are the ones that offer you different options.

Carpet Cleaning Richmond Map

Carpet Cleaning Richmond Services